Thanksgiving for 365 days
I have to take the opportunity to write a Thanksgiving-related blog post, but really, this is just the kind of thing I think about all year long. With all the blessings God has lavished upon me, how could I not be thankful?
Honestly, I don’t let myself get out of bed until I’ve listed five things I’m thankful for. But, for the season, here is a list of 10 of the many things I am thankful for, in no real particular order!
- I am especially thankful for 10 years of business. Who can say they’ve never had a down year in a supposed recession? Each year has brought new success stories and new blessings with Rebekah Scott Designs.
- I am thankful for entrepreneurship in America. The fact that a woman can start a business by sewing purses is an amazing opportunity we have.
- I am thankful for my 140-year-old farmhouse and studio space! Even though my husband would love a newer place, I just love its rustic charm.
- I am thankful for Storm Mountain Church Camp where I met the love of my life (which also let me live in this old farmhouse!).
- I am thankful that my brother Philip is now with Jesus. He was in a lot of pain, and I’m so thankful he knew God.
- I am thankful for healthy babies. We have plenty of colds and sniffles around here, but nothing serious.
- I am thankful to be able work at home. I say this all the time, but it is worth mentioning again and again.
- I am thankful for the RSD staff. There are about 20 of us this year, and they all believe in my dream as much as I do.
- I am thankful for my siblings, including my brother in heaven. Sibling relationships like I have with mine are very rare. We speak daily, and I know that isn’t always typical.
- I am thankful for prayer. I just love that God has opened the lines of communication with his people. He lets me, little Bekah in South Dakota, talk with him whenever I want to! So incredible.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, and I encourage you to take the time to reflect upon all the blessings God has given you.
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18