Summer Mode with Kiddos
Summer is here so all four of my chicks are in one basket! While I LOVE this, I tend to romanticize the first few weeks of summer break… I picture us all eating a big breakfast together, then the kids hold hands and skip in the yard. Then, reality hits! Listen in as I share what I did differently this summer and how I plan ahead so everyone (including me) has some fun!
Give yourself and your family grace during this transition time!
Schedule a “Summer Breakfast Kick-Off Event” and discuss these topics with your family!
- Drive-in movie theatre
- See “The Incredibles 2” in the theatre
- Ride horses more often
- Pool date with mom and dad
- Yahtzee game in the yard
- Playdates (each child said who they wanted to do playdates with)
- 7:30 am Wake up
- Dressed, hair done & beds made
- Bible verses & scripture review
- Breakfast & clean up
- Morning chores (try a picture chart)
- Help with food prep
- 8:30 they know I start work
- 9:00 play time, screen time, piano practice, art/coloring pictures
- 10:00 snack time
- 12:00 lunch
- Game time! (An intentional pause in the day where we do something together.)
- Nap Time (for our 3 year old)
- 1:30 Nanny arrives (I give instructions and expectations)
- 5:30 pm Evening chores
- 6:00 pm Supper
- Wet towels and swimsuits (hung up outside, not left on the floor)
- Screen time (limited to 2 hours per day, broken into 30-minute increments)
- Bed made and dressed before breakfast
“Inspect what you expect” to make sure you are following through with these (follow-through is the hardest part)!
- Each child has their name on a jar
- We give 25 cents for acts of kindness and respect to encourage good behavior
- This builds confidence when they accumulate quarters and we plan to do something special with the money at the end of the summer
- If they do something disrespectful, we empty their quarter jar
Field Trip Fridays (I quit work by 3pm on the Friday’s that I can)
- Go for a hike
- Go to the pool
We got this Encouragers!
Encourager Mastermind Group
Learn more about this exciting opportunity here!
Coaching with Bekah
Learn more about coaching opportunities!
Check out Bekah's Book recommendations.
Rating, Reviewing & Subscribing
Questions Answered Here.
Sign up on The Encourager email list here!